A URL may not be redirecting for many reasons:
- Browser cache – Your browser has cached a previous request. Clear your browser cache to get the latest
- Server cache – Your site is being cached with some caching software, and this needs to be updated to include your redirect
- Not matched – Your redirect is not matching the URL. If you are using a regular expression then check your expression
- Server config – Your server may be configured to directly serve certain URLs. For example, a PDF file. This can override anything you configure in Redirection. Please see the FAQ for details.
- Another agent – Something else is redirecting the URL. This could be part of WordPress (a canonical redirect, for example), another plugin, or something else
If your URL is a file then your web server may be configured to handle it directly rather than pass the request through to PHP and WordPress.
This means that Redirection could be unable to redirect it. For example, a URL that ends with
- Delete the file from your server. If the file exists then it may prevent any redirects.
- Save the redirect to Apache