If you want to try a beta release of Redirection, or want to use an older version that you’ve downloaded from WordPress.org, then you can follow these steps:
- Download the beta (or old version) as a zip file
- Unzip the file on your computer
- Using whatever mechanism you use to access your site’s directory contents (i.e. FTP, CPanel etc) navigate to the
- Rename the existing redirection directory to
- Upload the unzipped redirection folder to
- Confirm that Redirection is still functioning
If you follow these steps then no data will be lost.
Do not delete the old plugin from your plugins page! This will delete all data associated with the plugin.
Beta versions can be found on the Redirection Github release page.